Please note the dictionary meaning of ‘tinkering’ on the Home Page of Tinkering Lab.
“tinkering”, the most important operative word for effective learning
attempt to repair or improve something in a casual or desultory way.
“he spent hours tinkering with the car”
To get your attention towards the importance of Tinkering, We’ll throw some hard-hitting statements about it:
- Tinkering is the most natural way of learning.
- Anybody who never tinkered, never invented or discovered anything. Even Serendipity required some element of tinkering, or you won’t notice the discovery.
- Tinkering was as effective a learning tool for making stone implements in the stone age as it was for Wright Brothers for inventing the airplane.
- Tinkering was a way to learn even when formal education did not exist.
- Formal education has been killing tinkering for a long time. We have now rediscovered the importance of Tinkering in learning.